The SSPA is committed to providing a database of links that is accurate, up to date and comprehensive. However, we are unable to assume liability resulting from errors or omissions. Inclusion of a group or organization’s website does not imply promotion or endorsement on behalf of the SSPA, nor does omission reflect on the contribution that an organization makes in the community.
Please contact here to report changes or suggestions.
Adaptive equipment and technology
Disabled Equipment Solutions (Victoria)
- Company designs and manufactures equipment in Melbourne for children with special needs, and specializes in seating and standing for children from birth to approximately 12 years of age.
Independent Living Centres (Australia)
- Providers of information and advice on an extensive range of assistive technology that can help individuals improve their quality of life and remain independent.
Disabilty Works Australia (DWA)
Fundraising and grants
DHS Disability Services website (Victoria)
Law and legislation
Disability Information Resource Centre (South Australia)
Australian Government JobAccess – Information about pedal extenders/extensions
Information about pedal extenders/extensions
PME Auto Conversions – Short Stature Solutions (New South Wales)
- Problem Management Engineering
Specialises in customised vehicle conversions for people with disability and engineer modifications to cater for any form of physical handicap. Their expertise covers driving controls, wheelchair access and transfer solutions, for cars and vans, and much more.
Reflex Automotive Engineering Pty Ltd (Victoria)
Procare Mechanical Service (Queensland)
C Goodall Engineering (South Australia)
Shoes and orthotics
- Women’s and girl’s fashionable shoes
Schumacher Shoes (Victoria)
- Women’s shoes in small sizes for petite feet
TADQ (Technical Aid to the Disabled (Queensland)
- Modified bikes/trikes for short-statured people
Workplace assessment and modifications
Australian Government JobAccess – Free workplace assessments